With the 2022 Gathering of the Faithful, in Wagga Wagga on the 9th, 10th and 11th of September, fast approaching, we are sending a friendly reminder that entries close on Friday 12th August. Thank you again to those who have already sent their entry form in.
We would like to advise that we will be following all current COVID-19 safety guidelines throughout our event. In regard to the recent surge in COVID-19 cases, we understand that this is expected to peak in August. We do however ask that you please assess your own risks when attending our event and determine whether you you feel the risks outweigh the benefits. We will be monitoring the NSW Health website and will be keeping entrants posted with any
updates via email.
This year we would like to highlight the following for the GoF:
- This year we will celebrate the 25th GoF. We ask entrants to dress with a touch of silver at our formal dinner on Saturday night!
- The Noggin'and Natter on Friday night will be at the Mercure Wagga again, however, this year, due to COVID-19 it will be a two-course meal rather than a buffet. Our Saturday night dinner is at also at Mercure Wagga. Please remember this venue is centrally located when booking your accommodation.
- Another impact of COVID-19 is the delay in confirming our sponsors. However, we are very close to now confirming our sponsorship and will advise once things are finalised.
- We will be judging the cars on Saturday (rather than Sunday) again this year – this means Sunday can be more relaxed after our big night out. The breakfast and trophy presentation will still occur on the Sunday morning, breakfast starting from 8am, but we should be able to finish earlier for those of you travelling on Sunday.
- Please bring and wear your club badges again this year. This array of colours and styles demonstrated the wonderful variety of entrants from different clubs all over Australia. However, do not worry if you forget to bring your badge as we will have plain badges for entrants to write their name on as needed.
Please find our event's registration form attached (flyer will be sent out in the very near future). Our entry form can be filled in via print (and mailed as per usual) or filled in electronically – just download and save the file to your computer, type in the required fields and email back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org – please let me know if there are any problems.
CoF Coordinator 2022